Financial Foundation is a 3-part course designed to teach young men and women to become financially self-sufficient adults. Budgeting, Credit and Investing are the areas that will be taught. Ultimately, this course will be a boot-camp to financially prepare young adults to prevent them from having to “learn the hard way”.
In iInvest you'll learn,
- 401(k) Fundamentals - Learn why a 401(k) is important and how to get the most out of it for retirement planning.
- Stock Market Fundamentals - Learn why a stock price goes up and down and gain a true understanding of the stock market.
- Mutual Fund Fundamentals - Learn what a mutual fund is, how they work and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Bonds, Booms and Building Portfolios - Learn about bonds, booms and how to build a portfolio. You'll also learn the correlation between risk and investment horizon.
In Creating a High-Octane Budget you'll learn,
- Emergency Funds - Learn why an emergency fund is a necessary account for all adults. Plus, don't miss the Emergency Funds podcast.
- Needs vs. Wants - Learn the difference between needs and wants. It is paramount to understand this distinction prior to making a budget.
- Creating SMART Goals - Learn why goals should be setup in a certain way for success. Smart people make SMART goals.
- Inputs and Outputs - Learn how to put all of your budgeting principles into action. This is where the magic happens.
In Running Credit Checks with no Shame you'll learn,
- How to build a great credit score - Learn how your FICO credit score is determined and what causes it to go up and down.
- How to avoid the credit pitfalls and traps - Learn some of the seemingly harmless places to avoid. These places seem like a quick fix, but looks can be deceiving.